1. You’re going to look great. This is important too and it’s okay to use this reason as a motivator. It’s human nature to want to be proud of your body and your appearance. When you lose weight you will look better. You’ll be able to wear those clothes that you bought in hope but which have stayed hidden in the wardrobe. When you feel confident about your appearance that will translate through to confidence in all other areas of your life.
2. You’re going to have more energy! Remember those days when you felt great all day long? You were able to accomplish everything on your to do list with ease. When you lose weight you will have more energy. There will be less of you for your bones and muscles to move around so you’ll save effort which will mean more energy freed up for other activities.
3. You’re going to feel better too. Overweight people tend to have poorer health. Simple things like breathing and joint aches and pains improve with just a little bit of weight loss. A diet that causes obesity also causes inflammation in the body. Inflammation is the cause for many illnesses and conditions. Lose the weight, lose the inflammation. You’re taking a huge step toward feeling better from head to toe.
4. You’re improving your health. You don’t need to be told that obesity and weight gain are significant contributors to some really serious diseases. We’re talking about:
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Gallbladder gall stones
- Cancer including breast cancer
- Ovarian and reproductive problems like fibroids
- Liver cirrhosis
- Enlarged heart
- Heart disease
When you lose weight you lessen your chance of getting all of these conditions. If you already have an illness then weight loss helps you recover and manage the disease effectively. Fat is a great storage area in the body for all sorts of toxic substances, excess hormones and excess metabolic waste. So lose the fat, lose the toxic load you’ve been hanging on to. In short, you’re going to live longer and have a better quality of life.
5. You’ll be improving the life of your family, friends, employees and other people who know you. You have a responsibility to yourself and to others to stay healthy and live a long life. You have people who depend on you. People whose life you’ve changed. You matter. Taking good care of yourself helps you honour your relationship with those around you.
6. You will probably sleep better. Ah, there’s nothing better than a good night’s sleep. Unfortunately, many overweight and obese people really suffer when it come to sleeping. Snoring, sleep apnea, and just general discomfort prevents good sleep. When you lose weight, your night-times will improve. Imagine how you’re going to feel when you’re able to consistently get a good night’s sleep .
7. Life will take on a completely different feel. When you lose weight, for example, you’re going to sweat less. You’ll be more comfortable in warm environments. Parts of your body will no longer rub together. You’ll also be able to move your body how you want to move it – you’ll be lighter on your feet and have better mobility. Aching feet, varicose veins, and even your digestion will improve. Sometimes it’s the little things that make a big difference!
You have so much to gain when you commit to losing weight and getting healthy, so make a commitment today!